Mission: To empower and support under resourced female high school students for success.
Vision: Girls who complete this program will be economically independent and socially responsible.
The Foundation is designed for under resourced female high school students to identify their academic and career goals through a combination of the following six components:
1. Mentoring – It’s not what you know, its who you know! The role of the mentor is to guide the mentee through personal and professional knowledge, experience, and expertise. Each student is thoughtfully paired with a professional woman from our community. Our mentors volunteer their time and resources to make a vital difference in the P2S program. The amazing thing is they get out of it as much as the students.
2. Enrichment/Adulting Classes – Knowledge is power! Girls will be empowered through classes that will orient them towards personal, academic, and professional success. These classes guide the students through a variety of topics to prepare them for the “real world”. All classes are presented by subject matter experts with topics ranging from Conflict Resolution, Interviewing Techniques, Budgeting & Financing to Self Esteem, Communication and Time Management.
3. Career Exploration –You don’t know what you don’t know! An amazing component of the Pathway 2 Success Program is the Career Exploration. The AUM staff reaches out to local professionals to arrange for job shadowing experiences. This helps students get a real world feel for jobs. Not only does it help students decipher their career path, but it makes for an advantageous addition to college and professional resumes.
4. Private ACT Tutoring – Each student is provided with private, one-on-one ACT tutoring to facilitate full ride scholarships to colleges and universities. With achieving higher scores comes the opportunity to maximize the financial aid burden college students face.
5. Financial Assistance – Graduates of the P2S program will receive up to $2000.00.
6. Tools for Schools – Upon completion of the 10 month program, each student will receive a laptop to assist in their college studies.